Lady Cardinals Defeat Crossett at Home

brooklynn boothe

On Tuesday, March 26, the Lady Cardinals defeated Crossett at home with a much-needed win. The game ended with a score of sixteen to one. The girls played a great game with determination and passion as they pushed through to get the win. Now with a one to two record, the Lady Cards are fighting their way to the top.

The starting players were Alexis Bryant (senior) on first, Brooklynn Boothe (freshman) on second, Bailey Carmody (senior) on shortstop, Kori Smelser (junior) on third, Jaylei Massey (sophomore) in left field, Julia Milner (sophomore) in centerfield, Tamia Dandridge (sophomore) in right field, Lexi Betts (senior) in the circle, and Anna Dawson (senior) behind the plate.

The girls started the game out strong taking the field first with a good attitude, and getting a quick three outs. At the plate, Lady Cards started out aggressive hitting the ball putting points on the scoreboard. Anna Dawson and Tamia Dandridge both came to the plate to attack, each hitting a home run during the game.

After the Varsity game, Junior Varsity also defeated Crossett three to one. The JV team stepped up during the game doing what needed to be done competing with the opponent and taking the win. During the JV game, Madison Thurman (junior) hit an amazing home run gaining a much-needed run for the team.

Overall the girls played great last night stepping up and defeating Crossett at home. The team had a winning attitude and were coming to compete. Lexi Betts pitched all seven innings giving her all and doing great in the circle. The defense backed her up and made it work. Lady Cardinals did a job last night and will be back on Thursday this week to compete against Star City on their home field.